It’s been a fast moving month. Here are some highlights:
- I played some shows at the Old Church, a lovely venue. A few at the Ranger Station, too.
- I saw my brother when he came over for work – we went snow shoeing on Mt Rainier. Consequently, Al and I will one day move to a farm in Washington.
- Now I’m settling down to make some recordings. I’ve started using the morning hours after Tan wakes me up to write music, and that’s fuelled a lot of the material I now have. I’ve also never been so tired.
- Funnily enough, it’s Tan’s birthday today. He was born a year ago on April Fools’ Day. It’s why he’s such a silly boy.
- Al and I painted the walls in our kitchen/my studio a most-expensive-we-can-find white. It’s an incalculable improvement on the old colour, which was somewhere between “squash” and “rust” orange.
- We also made several trips to Ikea (because one is never enough in a single Ikea weekend) and managed to find a kitchen table. We also bought some things for Al’s studio, which she has been inhabiting more and more.
- I discovered that people care a lot about plastic, however small, inside a kettle. I, too, am now paranoid about this.
- The blossoms are coming out again, prompting all kinds of memories to awaken.
- My choice of super power may be changing to controlling time. I wish I could slow down time so I had as many hours as I wanted.